This Hue Tutorial will describe features of Cloudera Hue. Hue is a set of web applications that enable you to interact with a CDH cluster. Hue applications let you browse HDFS and work with Hive and Cloudera Impala queries, MapReduce jobs, and Oozie workflows. Cloudera Hue is a handy tool for the windows based use, as it provides a good UI with the help of which we can interact with Hadoop and its sub-projects. We can manage users, jobs, Hive, HBase, Impala tables, Oozie workflow, Sqoop, Yarn, etc.
Cloudera Hue is a web based UI for Hadoop. It was started as Cloudera Desktop later named to hue. Hue provides the following features:
- File Browser
- Job Designer
- Job Browser
- User Admin
- Beeswax is basically Hive UI
- It Provides following features: Create Hive tables; Load data; Run and Manage Hive queries and Download results in Excel format
- It is basically browser for distributed file system
- It Provides following features: Browse HDFS; Change permissions and ownership; upload, download, view and edit files
Job Designer:We can design MapReduce jobs, which can be templates that prompt for parameters when they are submitted.
- Streaming: To create Map/Reduce functions in any non-Java language
- Jars: To create Map/Reduce job in java language
- Install samples: To run samples which are already installed
- Job Browser provides all the information about jobs submitted like their state(run/complete/fail), user, submission time, completion time, etc.
- It provides following features: View jobs; Tasks; Counters; Logs, etc.
- This feature is quite similar to job tracker UI given by Hadoop
- Account management for HUE users
- Create and delete users, and update their passwords and e-mail addresses.
In the latest version of Hue connection with following products has been added: