Below is the Infosys solved campus placement papers. This free question bank helps you in clearing Infosys written test as well as interview. In this section we will see Infosys Aptitude questions, Infosys technical questions, Infosys verbal question, Infosys HR interview questions. You can easily clear interview as well as written test of Infosys by solving this previous year campus paper. Fresher's interview question and latest campus placement paper is available as well as solutions are available.
(1). ALL TALLMEN ARE HANDSOME,FAIRSKIMED,LEAN,NULSCULAR RICH ND EMPLOYED.
1. ALL HANDSOME PERSONS ARE FAIRSKIMED
2. SOME NULSCULAR ARE FAIR SKIMED AND HANDSOME
3. ALL LEANS ARE NUSCULAR PERSONS
4. NO FAIRSKIMED PERSON WHO IS NOT HANDSOME IS RICH
5. NEITHER FAIRSKIMED NOR NULSCULAR ARE EMPLOYED.
THERE ARE 4 QUESTIONS BASED ON THE ABOVE. 8 MARKS
(3). A SOFTWARE ENGINEER STARTS FROM HOME AT FOR EVENING WALK. HE WALK SPEED OF 4KMPH ON LEVEL GROUND AND THEN AT A SPEED OF 3KMPH ON THE UPHILL AND THEN DOWN THE HILL AT A SPEED OF 6KMPH TO THE LEVEL GROUND AND THEN AT A SPEED OF 4KMPH TO THE HOME AT 9PM WHAT IS THE DISTENCE ON ONE WAY?
(4). A BAG CONTAINS CERTAIN NUMBER OF FILES. EACH FILE IS NUMBERED WITH ONE
DIGIT OF 0 TO 9. SUPPOSE THE PERSON WANT TO GET THE NUMBER BETWEEN 1 TO 2000 (OR 7000 CHECK ) . HOW MANY MIN NO. OF FILES SHOULD BE PRESENT IN THE BAG.
(5). A + B + C +D = D + E + F + G = G + H + I =17. IF A = 4 WHAT ARE THE VALUES OF D AND G. EACH LETTER TAKEN ONLY ONE OF THE DIGIT FROM 1 TO 9. 8MARKS
ANS : A = 4 ,B = 2, C =6, D = 5, E = 3, F = 8, G = 1, H = 7, I = 9.
(6). SIX PERSONS A,B,C,D,E &F WENT TO SOLIDER CINIMA. THERE ARE SIX CONSEUTIVE SEATS. A SITS IN THE FIRST SEAT FOLLOWED BY B, FOLLOWED BY C AND SOON. IF A TAKEN ONE OF THE SIX SEATS, THEN B SHOULD SIT ADJACENT TO A. C SHOULD SIT ADJACENT A OR B. D SHOULD SIT ADJACENT TO A, B,ORC AND SOON. HOW MANY POSSIBILITIES ARE THERE?
(7). SUPPOSE THERE ARE 4 GRADES A, B, C, D. (A IS THE BEST AND D IS THE WORST) 4 PERSONS JACK,JEAN,POUL,LUCY WROTE THEN FINAL EXAM AND MADE THE STATEMENTS LIKE THIS.
1. JACK: IF I WILL GET A THEN LUCY WILL GET D
2. LUCY: IF I WILL GET C THEN JACK WILL GET D. JACK GRADE IN BETTER THEN POUL GRADE.
3. JEAN: IF JEAN DOESNOT GET A , THEN LACK WILL NOT GET A.
4. POUL: IF JACK GET A , THEN JEAN WILL NOT GET B. LUCY WILL GET C, I WON'T EITHER A OR B. IF ALL THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE, THEN WHICH PERSON WILLGET WHICH GRADES.
(8). EACH MAN DANCES WITH 3 WOMEN. EACH WOMEN DANCES WITH 3 MENS. AMONG EACHG PAIR OF MEN THEY HAVE EXACTLY TWO WOMEN IN COMMAN. FIND THE NO. OF MEN & WOMEN.
> > 1. INTERNET REVOLUTION
> > 2. ROLE OF MEDIA FOR YOUNG.
1. ROBERT,RAJ AND RASUL ALWAYS TAKE DINNER TOGETHER.AFTER DINNER EACH WILL ORDER EITHER COFFEE OR TEA.
(a) IF RASUL ORDERS COFFEE, RAJ ORDERS WHAT ROBERT ORDERS
(b)IF RAJ ORDERS COFFEE,RASUL ORDERS WHAT ROBERT DOESN'T ORDER
(c) IF ROBERT ORDERS TEA,RASUL ORDERS WHAT RAJ ORDERS
WHO ORDERS ALWAYS SAME DRINK?
(i) RASUL (ii)RASUL&ROBERT
(iii)ALL (iv)------- ans:ALL
(2) MAJOR RAJ ,HIS BROTHER ,DAUGHTERS AND SON ARE ALWAYS PLAYING
(i)MR.RAJ BROTHER IS PLAYING ACROSS THE NET DIRECTLY OPPOSITE TO MJ.RAJ'S DAUGHTER.
(ii) MJ.RAJ'S SON IS PLAYING DIAGONALLY ACROSS THE NET OF THE WORSTE PLAYERS SIBLING.
(iii)EACH TEAM MADE UP OF BEST AND WORSTE PLAYER OF THE SLOT. WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER?
(a)MJ.RAJ (b)HIS BROTHER (c)HIS SON (d) INSUFFICIENT DATA.
(1) THERE ARE NINE CARDS NUMBERING 1-9.
(i)CARD 5 IS IN CENTRE
(ii) CARD 9 IS IN ROW IN WHICH CARD 5 IS THERE
(iii) CARD FOUR IS IN SAME COLUMN IN WHICH CARD 9 IS PRESENT.
(iv)CARD 1&CARD 6 ADJACENT TO EACH OTHER
(v) SUM OF EACH ROW IS EQUAL TO 15 ONLY
(vi) SUM OF EACH DIAGONAL IS ALSO 15
(A) NINE CARDS ARE ARRANGED IN THREE ROWS AND THREE COLUMNS;
(*) ADJACENT MEANS TWO CARDS ARE IN SAME ROW OR SAME COLUMN NEXT TO EACH OTHER.
*) NOTE: CONSIDER ALL POSSIBLE ANSWERS
(i)WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ARE DEFINETLY ADJACENT TO EACH OTHER ANS;(1&5)
(ii) WHICH TWO CARDS DO NOT COME DEFINETLY ADJACENT TO EACH OTHER a)5&4
(iii) THE MIDDLE COLUMN ADDS UP TO (a) 15
iv) THE MIDDLE COLUMN CAN'T BE ADDED UP TO
X)10 Y)15 Z) 20 a) X&Z
2 7 6 6 2 7
9 5 1 1 5 9
4 3 8 3 8 4
THERE ARE '3' CASTERS IN A VILLAGE MARGONS, ADHORS,AND DRAVIDS i)ADHOR WOMEN CAN'T MARRY DRAVID MEN ii) MARGON MAN CAN'T MARRY DRAVID WOMAN iii) IN A FAMILY SON WILL GET HIS FATHER'S CASTE AND DAUGHTER WILL GET HIS MOTHER'S CASTE
iv) THERE IS NO CHILDREN OUT OF WEDLOCK v) OTHER COMBINATION'S ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT ABOVE COMBINATIONS QUESTIONS:
i)ADHOR FEMALES CAN HEVE i) ii) iii)
4) IF TWO DRAVIDAN'S GOT MARRIAGE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR i)TO HAVE I5) ADHOR WOMAN HAVE A) B) C) D) E)
There are passages from A to M.Each one is having four questions.
A.My father had no brothers.but his three.....
1.My father was only child. (F)
2.Three of my aunts have sons. (C)
3.I have six cousins on my mothers side (C)
4.I have only one uncle. (F)
B.Senoir manegers in a leading company..........
1.Some senoir managers said that more people will want to buy new
cars in the future. (F)
2.Managers told workers that Japanese workers are taking jobs
away form India Workers in the car industry (F)
3.The managers issued their warning after a rise in interest rates(T).
4.The increased rate of interest will mean that Japanese firms
will cease to operate in this country.
C.Reaserchers in Mumbai have found that............
1.Injecting eather into the gallbladdre dissolves most gallastones.(T)
2.Surgery is the only treatment for calcium based gallastones(T)
3.Only a few hundred people suffer from calcium based gallastones(C)
4.It takes more than one day for the eather to dissolve calcium gallastones.
Here is a small trick for D,E,F,G
D. T F T F
E.F F T C
F.F F T C
G.T F T F
D and G are same and E and F are same.Be carefull.
H. Every form of art is proteted by copyright...........(Tagore)
1.Tagore plays are not protected by copyright(F)
2.Tagore's desecendents should be asked to make some contribution
to the arts.(T)
31.Instead of buying a ticket,theatregoers should pay a fee to a
trust for the benifit of the arts. (F)
32.More people could go to the theatre if copyright were
I. Hacking is a crime..............
33.Most hackers are authorised to breaks into networks
34.Computers are only vulnerable to the unauthorised manipulation
of thier data via another computer if they are networked. (C)
35.The main reason why it is relatively easy. (T)
36.Hackers do not work for the firms whose networks they break into(C)
J. In this only two questions
40. to 42 all are True
All are true.(43 to 46)
M. All are true (47 to 50)
No of candidates appeared : 220
For the Interview : 90.
1.A boy picks up the phone and asks" who are you?" The voice from the other side answers" I am your
mother's mother in law".What is the relation of the boy with the fellow speaking at the other
2.Imagine a rectangle.Its length=2*width.A square of 1 inch is cut on all corners so that the remaining
portion forms a boxwhen folded.the volume of the box is_____ cubic inches.find the original dimensions of the box. (3 marks).
3.2 persons are doing part time job in a company9say a and b). THe company is open for all the 7 days of the week.'A' works every second day.'B' works every 3rd day.If 'A'works on 1st june and 'B' works on 2nd june.Find out the date on which both 'A' and 'B' will work together. (4 marks).
4.Consider a pile of Diamonds on a table.A thief enters and steals 1/2 of th e total quanity and then again 2 extra from the remaining. After some time a second thief enters and steals ½ of the remaining+2.
Then 3rd thief enters and steals 1/2 of the remaining+2.Then 4th thief enters and steals 1/2 of the remaining+2.When the 5th one enters he finds 1 diamond on the table.Find out the total no. of diamonds
originally on the table before the 1st thief entered. (4 marks).
5.Imagine 4 persons A,B,C,D.(It is a strength determining game). A found it hard,but could pull 'c' and 'd' to his side. AC and BD pairs on opposite sides found themselves equally balanced. When A and B exchanged thier positions to form pairs AD and BC ,BC pair could win and pull AD to thier side.Order the 4 persons in Ascending order according to thier strengths. (3 marks).
6.Consider a beauty contest.3 persons participate.Their names are Attractive, Delectable, Fascinating. THere 3 tribes Pukkas, Wottas, Summas. Pukkas - Always speak truth. Wottas - Always speak lies.
Summas - Speak truth and lies alternatively. Each of the 3 persons make 2 statements.
Attractive - (1) (2)
Delectable - (1) i don't remember (2)
Fascinating- (1) (2)The person who speaks truth is the least beautiful
From the statements they give and the character of the 3 tribal types, find out which person belongs to which tribe.Also find out the persons in the Ascending order of their beauty. (8 marks).
7.There are 5 positions-Clerk,Buyer,Cashier,Manager,Floorwalker. THere are 5 persons- Mrs.Allen,Mrs.CLark,Twain,
Conditions: 1.clerk and cashier lunch time 11.30.to12.30
2.others 12.30 to 1.30
3.Mrs.Allen and Bernett play durind lunch time.
4.clerk and cashier share Bachler rooms.
Twain are not in good terms because one day when Twain retuned early from lunch
already sitting fro lunch and reported about him to the manager. Find out which
person holds which post. (8 marks).
8.There are 8 courses to be handled by faculty in 2 semesters.4 in 1st semester and 4 in 2nd semester THe candiadates hired for the post are k,l,m,n,o.The courses are Malvino, Shakespeare, Joyce, Chauncer...........
Some conditions will be given like.,
1.L and N handle Shakespeare and malvino.
2.M and O handle Malvino and Joyce.
8. Only one author can handle a course in 1 semester. then 3 questions were asked based on these information and 3 options for each question were given (8 marks).
INFOSYS TEST @ IISC - 2000
1:there is a robery and four persons are suspected out of them one is actual thief, these are the senteces said by each one of them! A says D had done B says A had done C says i dddnt done D B lied when he said that i am thief out of these only one man is true remaining are false ans C is thef,D is true!
2 how many four digit numbers divisible by four can be formed using 1,2,3,4;repetions are not allowed!
ans 6; marks 4
3 a vender solds two things at same cost 12 RS with one item at 25%profit and other at 20%loss,by this transaction he made profit or loss by how much ans loss,60paise marks 3
4 two friends A,B are running up hill and then to get down! length if road is 440 yards A on his return journy met B goin up at 20 yards from top,A has finished the rase .5 minuit earlier than B,then how much time A had taken to complete the rase. ans 6.3 minuits marks 4
5 barons question diagnostic test question 8-12,5 men and 5 women went for foot ball match.........
6 write a five digit number , which will be having two prime numbers, and some two more conditions,like 1st digit greater than 2nd etc its easy(remember one is not a prime number,most people don mistake
taking 1 as prime number) ans 71842
7 two employs were there employ one says to employ two your work experience twice as me
emp2 exactly emp1 but two years before you said that your work experience is thrice as me emp2 yes its also true what are their work experience ans 4,8 marks 3
8 ther are four persons A,B,C,D and for languages english ,French ,german italian, conditions 1 only one language is spoken by more than two men 2 A dont know English 3 a man can speak either french or german but not both 4 all man cannot spek in a group(no common language) 5 A can mediate when B and C want to speak with each other 6 each men can speak two languages ans
A french italian
B english french
C german italian
D german italian
9 there are 3 women ,they having three jewells,named diamond emerald ,ruby 3 women A,B,C 3 thiefs D,E,F each thef had taken one jewel from each of the women following conditions one who had taken diamond is the bachelor and most dangerous D 's brother in law E who is less dangerous than the
thief who had stolen emerald (this is the key from this e had stolen ruby) D did nt stolen from B
one more condition is there
10 ther were five persons out of which two persons heir went white and three persons hair is black
conditions if A 's hir is white then B'hair is white A,s hair is not blakck if C's hair is not black
two more conditions but we can easily solve it from first codition ans is Aand B's hair is white
1 two time glases 7,4 how you measure 9
2 four persons have to cross the bridge they are having one torch light four persons take 1,2,5,10 minuits respectively , when two persons are going the will take the time of the slowest person whats the time taken to cross allof them ans 17minuits
3 a non uniform rope burns for one hour how you will measure half an hour ans lit it from both sides!
INFOSYS TEST @ NAGPUR - 2000
1. there were three suspects for a robbery that happend in a bank, tommy, joy and bruceEach of them were saying that I haven't done anything and the other two has done it.police found that tommy was
lying .who is the thief. 3M (MARKS).
2. three clocks where set to true time .First run with the exact time ..second slows one minute/day. third gains one minute/day. after how manydays they will show true time. 3M.
3. A,B,C,D,E are some numbers.if AB * CD = EEE and CD - A =CC
THEN what is AB * D =? IN SAME CODE .5M.
4. Joe started from
towards pune and her friend julie in
opposite direction.they meet at a point .distance travelled by joe was 1.8
miles more than that of julie.after spending some both started bombay
there way.joe reaches in 2 hours while julie in 3.5 hours. Assuming both were travelling with constant speed.Wath is the distance between the two cities. 5M.
5. In a six level building,a person lives .suppose the persons are A,B,C,D,E,F. --- and there were few clues like--- A cann't live above third level, B cann't live above A and below C.-- i am recalling each.did u understood the question-- u have to find person living at each level. 5M
6. There were some containers of quantity 1,3,4,5,6,12,15,22,24,38 liters.each was filled with some liquid except one.the liquids are milk, water and oil.quantity of each was like this water = 2* milk oil = 2* water
find out which container was empty and containers filled with milk and oil. 6M
7. there were few diamonds.
1st thief takes half of the diamonds +2
2nd thief takes half of the diamonds +2
3rd thief takes half of the diamonds +2
4th thief takes half of the diamonds +2
when 5 th thief arives there were no diamonds. Find total no. of diamonds. (ans 60) 6M.
8. there were five hunters A,B,C,D,E and five animals A,B,C,D,E. Hunter having the same name with the animal didn't kill it. Each hunter has missed some animal. A animal was hunt by the hunter whose name matches with animal hunt by hunter B. C animal was hunt by the hunter whose name matches
with animal hunt by hunter D. E has hunt C and missed D .find out animals hunted by A,B,C. 6m.
9. Five students A,B,C,D,E. when conversation started B,C were speaking english.When D join them they
shifted to Spanish.A,E knows French .B,E knows Italian.Portoguese was known to there of them.Spanish was the most common language between them. one of them knows five languages. one of them knows four languages. one of them knows there languages. one of them knows two languages. one of them knows only one languages.
A knows ? 4 options
B knows ? 4 options
C knows ? 4 options
E knows ? 4 options 8M
Infosys 2000 - I.I.T.,
1. If 1/4 of the time from plus 1/2 of the time from now to is the present time,then
what is the present time ?
2. In a 10 digit number, if the 1st digit number is the number of ones,2nd digit number is the number of
twos, and ... so on. 10th digit is the number of zeroes,then find the number
3. A train blows a siren one hour after starting from the station. After that it travels at 3/5th of its
speed it reaches the next station 2 hours behind schedule. If it had a problem 50 miles farther from
the previous case,it would have reached 40 minutes sooner. Find the distance between the two stations .
4. An army 50 miles long marches at a constant rate. A courier standing at the rear moves forward and
delivers the message to the first person and then turns back and reaches the rear of the army as the
army completes 50 miles. Find the distance traveled by the courier.
5. A person grows cabbage, he uses a larger square this year than previous year and produces cabbages
than previous year.what is the no. of cabbages produced this year
6. Olympic race :
4 contestants : Alan,charlie, Darren ,Brain. There are two races and average is taken to decide the
winner.one person comes at the same position in both the race. Charlie always come before darren. Brian
comes first once. Alan comes third atleast once. Find the positions. Alan never comes last. Charlie & Darren comes 2nd atleast once.
8. Problem finding who is husband,wife & son from 4 set of families.
9. Rank the persons from set of conditions.
1. Persons A and B. Person A picks a random no. from 1 to 1000.Then person B picks a random no. from 1 to 1000. What is the probability of B getting no. greater then what A has picked.
2. Some free body diagram is given
> 3 | 9
> 2 | 4 |
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ C
> | 5 | 9
> 15 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 3 | 2 |
> ~~~~~~~~ 80
> | |
> A B
> For equilibirium find values of A,B,and C.
3. Three boys and three girls brought up together. Jim,Jane,Tom,Virgina,Dorthy,and XXX. They marry among themselves to form three couples. Conditions are :
> i) Sum of their ages would be the same.
> ii) Virgina was the oldest.
> iii) Jim was dorthy's brother.
> iv) Sum of ages Jane+Jim and Tom+dorthy is same. Give the three couples.
> 4. X^(1/3) - X^(1/9) =60
> Solve for X.
> 5. X Z Y
> +X Y Z
> Y Z X
> Find the three digits.
6. Two boats start from opposite banks of river perpendicular to the shore.One is faster then the other.They meet at 720 yards from one of the ends. After reaching opposite ends they rest for
> 10mins each. After that they start back. This time on the return journey they meet at 400yards
> from the other end of the river. Calculate the width of the river.
7. Basketball Tournament organisers decided that > two consecutive defeats will knock out the team. There are 51 teams participating. What is the maximum no. of matches that can be played.
> 8. Three guys are there A,B,C. They have three subjects to take from Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. The four statements of the guys are given.Only two statements are correct from them
i) -----X--- NOT SURE --- X -----
9. The Master says to his grandmaster that me and my three cousins have ages in prime nos. only. Summation of our ages is 50. Grandmaster who knows the age of the master instantly tells the ages of
> the three cousins. Tell the ages of three cousins.( 1 is not considered as prime no.)
10) There are two families Alens and smiths. They have two children each. There names are A,B,C,D whose ages are different and ages are less then or equal to 11. The following conditions are given.
i) A's age is three years less then his brother's age.
ii) B is eldest among the four.
iii) C is half the age of the eldest in Alens family.
iv)The difference in sum of the ages of Alens children & smiths children is same as that of five years ago.
Find the ages of all the childeren.