1.A boy picks up the phone and asks" who are you?" The voice from the other side answers" I am your mother's mother in law".What is the relation of the boy with the fellow speaking at the other end.(3marks).
2.Imagine a rectangle.Its length=2*width.A square of 1 inch is cut on all corners so that the remaining portion
forms a boxwhen folded.the volume of the box is_____ cubic inches.find the original dimensions of the box. (3 marks).
3.2 persons are doing part time job in a company9say a and b). THe company is open for all the 7 days of the week.'A' works every second day.'B' works every 3rd day.If 'A'works on 1st june and 'B' works on 2nd june.Find out the date on which both 'A' and 'B' will work together. (4 marks).
4.Consider a pile of Diamonds on a table.A thief enters and steals 1/2 of th e total quanity and then again 2 extra from the remaining. After some time a second thief enters and steals 1/2 of the remaining+2. Then 3rd thief enters and steals 1/2 of the remaining+2.Then 4th thief enters and steals 1/2 of the remaining+2.When the 5th one enters he finds 1 diamond on the table.Find out the total no. of diamonds originally on the table before the 1st thief entered. (4 marks).
5.Imagine 4 persons A,B,C,D.(It is a strength determining game). A found it hard,but could pull 'c' and 'd' to his side. AC and BD pairs on opposite sides found themselves equally balanced. When A and B exchanged thier positions to form pairs AD and BC ,BC pair could
win and pull AD to thier side.Order the 4 persons in Ascending order according to thier strengths. (3 marks).
6.Consider a beauty contest.3 persons participate.Their names are Attractive, Delectable,Fascinating.THere 3 tribes Pukkas,Wottas,Summas. Pukkas - Always speak truth. Wottas - Always speak lies. Summas - Speak truth and lies alternatively. Each of the 3 persons make 2 statements.
Attractive - (1) (2)
Delectable - (1) i don't remember (2)
Fascinating- (1) (2)The person who speaks truth is the least beautiful
From the statements they give and the character of the 3 tribal types, find out which person belongs to which tribe.Also find out the persons in the Ascending order of their beauty. (8 marks).
7.There are 5 positions-Clerk,Buyer,Cashier,Manager,Floorwalker. THere are 5 persons- Mrs.Allen, Mrs.CLark, Twain,
Conditions: 1.clerk and cashier lunch time 11.30.to12.30 2.others 12.30 to 1.30 3.Mrs.Allen and Bernett play durind lunch time. 4.clerk and cashier share Bachler rooms. 5.
and Twain are not in good terms because
one day when Twain retuned early from lunch he saw
Ewing already sitting fro lunch and
reported about him to the manager. Find out which person holds which post. (8 marks).
8.There are 8 courses to be handled by faculty in 2 semesters.4 in 1st semester and 4 in 2nd semester THe candiadates hired for the post are k,l,m,n,o.The courses are Malvino,Shakespeare,Joyce,Chauncer...........
Some conditions will be given like., 1.L and N handle Shakespeare and malvino. 2.M and O handle Malvino and Joyce. 3. ....... 4. .. .. i don't remember
8. ......Only one author can handle a course in 1 semester. then 3 questions were asked based on these information and 3 options for each question were given (8 marks).
1). A beggr collects cigarette stubs and makes one ful cigarette with every 7 stubs. Once he gets 49 stubs . How many cigarettes can he smoke totally. Ans. 8
2). A soldiar looses his way in a thick jungle at random walks from his camp but mathematically in an interestingg fashion. First he walks one mile east then half mile to north. Then 1/4 mile to west, then 1/8 mile to south and so on making a loop. Finally hoe far he is from his camp and in which direction. ans: in north and south directions 1/2 - 1/8 + 1/32 - 1/128 + 1/512 - and so on = 1/2/((1-(-1/4)) similarly in east and west directions 1- 1/4 + 1/16 - 1/64 + 1/256 - and so on = 1/(( 1- ( - 1/4)) add both the answers
3). hoe 1000000000 can be written as a product of two factors neither of them containing zeros Ans 2 power 9 x 5 ppower 9 ( check the answer )
4). Conversation between two mathematcians: first : I have three childern. Thew pproduct of their ages is 36
. If you sum their ages . it is exactly same as my neighbour's door number on my left. The sacond mathematiciaan verfies the door number and says that the not sufficient . Then the first says " o.k one more clue is that my youngest is the youngest" Immmediately the second mathematician answers . Can you aanswer
the questoion asked by the first mathematician? What are the childeren ages? ans 2 and 3 and 6
5). Light glows for every 13 seconds . How many times did it between and
ans : 383 + 1 = 384
6). 500 men are arranged in an array of 10 rows and 50 columns . ALL tallest among each row aare asked to fall out . And the shortest among THEM is A. Similarly after resuming that to their originaal podsitions that the shorteest among each column are asked to fall out. And the longest among them is B . Now who is
taller among A and B ? ans A
7). A person spending out 1/3 for cloths , 1/5 of the remsaining for food and 1/4 of the remaining for travelles is left with Rs 100/- . How he had in the begining ? ans RS 250/-
8). there are six boxes containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in colour. Some boxes contain only red balls and others contain only blue . One sales man sold one box out of them and then he says " I have the same number of red balls left out as that of blue ". Which box is the one he solds out ?
Ans : total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2 = 60/2 = 30 and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
9). A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lenths conttaining 3 links each. It is taken to a backsmith to join into a single continuous one . How many links are to tobe opened to make it ? Ans : 2.
10). Grass in lawn grows equally thickand in a uniform rate. It takes 24 days for 70 cows and 60 for 30 cows . How many cows can eat away the same in 96 days.? Ans : 18 or 19
11). There is a certain four digit number whose fourth digit is twise the first digit. Third digit is three more than second digit. Sum of the first and fourth digits twise the third number. What was that number ? Ans : 2034 and 4368
1. From a vessel on the first day, 1/3rd of the liquid evaporates. On the second day 3/4th of the remaining liquid evaporates. what fraction of the volume is present at the end of the II day.
2. an orange galss has orange juice. and white glass has apple juice. Bothe equal volume 50ml of the orange juice is taken and poured into the apple juice. 50ml from the white glass is poured into the orange glass. Of the two quantities, the amount of apple juice in the orange glass and the amount of orange juice in the white glass, which one is greater and by how much?
3. there is a 4 inch cube painted on all sides. this is cut into no of 1 inch cubes. what is the no of cubes which have no pointed sides.
4. sam and mala have a conversation. sam says i am vertainly not over 40. mala says i am 38 and you are atleast 5 years older than me. Now sam says you are atleast 39. all the sattements by the two are false. How hold are they realy.
5. ram singh goes to his office in the city, every day from his suburbun house. his driver mangaram drops him at the railway station in the morning and picks him up in the evening. Every evening ram singh reaches the station at . mangaram also reaches at the same time. one day ramsingh started early
from his office and came to the station at . not wanting to wait for the car he starts walking home. Mangaram starts at normal time, picks him up on the way and takes him back house, half an hour early. how much time did ram singh walk.
6. in a railway station, there are tow trains going. One in the harbour line and one in the main line, each having a frequency of 10 minutes. the main line service starts at 5 o'clock. the harbour line starts at a man goes to the station every day to catch the first train. what is the probability of man catchinhg the first train
7. some people went for vaction. unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. but whenever it rained in the morning, they had clean afternood and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 morning and 12 afternoons. how many days did they stay there totally
8. exalator problem repeat
9. a survey was taken among 100 people to firn their preference of watching t.v. programmes. there are 3 channels. given no of people who watch at least channel 1 " " 2 " " 3 no channels at all
atleast channels 1and 3 " " 1 and 2 " " 2 and 3 find the no of people who watched all three.
10. albert and fernandes they have two leg swimming race. both start from opposite and of the pool. On the first leg, the boys pass each other at 18 mt from the deep end of the pool. during the II leg they pass at 10 mt from the shallow end of the pool. Both go at const speed. but one of them is faster. each boy rests for 4 sec to see at the end of the i leg. what is the length of the pool.
11. T H I S Each alphabet stands for one
I S digit, what is the maximum value T
-------------- can take
X F X X
X X U X
X X N X X
1. an escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. how many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating.
2. evvery day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. the road is straignt before the crossing and both are travelling in the same direction. cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing. what is the seppd of the train.
3. five persons muckerjee, misra, iyer, patil and sharma, all take then first or middle names in the full names. There are 4 persons having I or middle name of kumar, 3 persons with mohan, 2 persons withdev and 1 anil.
--Either mukherjee and patil have a I or middle name of dev or misra and iyer have their I or middle name of dev--of mukherkjee and misre, either both of them have a first or middle name of mohan or neither have a first or middle name of mohan--either iyer of sharma has a I or middle name of kumar hut not both. who has the I or middle name of anil
4. reading conprehension
5. a bird keeper has got Ppigeon, M mynas and S sparrows. the keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds.a. suppose p=10, m=5, s=8 when the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs the x birds have escaped. the bird keeper exclaims oh no! all my sparrows are gone. how many birds flew away. b. when the bird keeper come back, the assistand told him that x birds have escaped. the keeper realised that atleast2 sparrows have escaped. what is minimum no of birds that can escape.
6. select from the five alternatives A,B,C,D,E AT THE end of each question ,two conditions will be given.
the choices are to filled at follows.a. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 b. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 2 c. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2
d. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2 e. no conclusion can be drawn using both conditions
1. person 1 says N<5
person says n5
person 3 says 3N20
person 4 says 3n10
person 5 says N<8
whaT IS value of N
a) 1. no of persons who speak false being less than no of persons who tells the truth.
2. person 2 is telling the truth.
b) 1. no of persong telling the truth is greater than no of persons telling lies
2. person 5 is telling the truth.
7. there are N coins on a table. there are two players A&B. you can take 1 or 2 coins at a time. the person who takes the last coin is the loser. a always starts first--1. if N=7
a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chanse
b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance.
c) B can always win by proper play
d) none of the above
--2. A can win by proper play if N is equal to
a) 13 b) 37 c) 22 d) 34 e) 48 ans. e.
--3. B can win by proper play if N is equal to
a) 25 b)26 c) 32 d) 41 e) none
--4. if N<4, can A win by proper play always
8. Two turns have vertain pecular charcteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. \the other always lies on Tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. On the other days they tel the truth. You are given a conversation.
person A-- today is sunday my name is anil
person B-- today is tuesday, my name is bill
answers for selected questions
2. equal 1. 150
3. 8 2. 60 kmph
4. 37(M),41(S) 3. Mukherjee
5. 45 min. 8. today is tuesday
11. T max value = 4
1 S: Satch J:Jute ANS
person1: Most of us are satch J
person2:Most of us are jute S
person3:Two of us are satch J
person4: Three of us are jute J
person5:I am satch J
we have to find who is satch and who is jute.
2 Four perssons are three to cross a bridge they have one torch light
one person A can cross in 1 min
person B can cross in 2 min
person C can cross in 5 min
person D can cross in 10 min
They have to cross bridge with in 17 min.
At a time only two persons can cross
I A&B ---- 2
II A <----1
III C&D ----10
IV B <----2
V A&B ----2
37 hours hour glass
11 hours hour glass
you have to boil one egg for 15 hours
4 What is the maximum number of slices can you obtain by cutting
a cake with only 4 cuts?
5 Three are three boxes , In one box Two white balls In two box 2 black balls In three box 1 white &1 black The lables on the boxes are not correct.Then you have to open one box and to find the colour of the balls in all boxes.
Solution: Open the box labled black& white If white balls are there then the box labled with white balls
contain black balls and labled with black balls contain one black and one white ball and viceversa if two black ballsare there.
1a) BE * BE = ACB
A,B,C,E ARE NON ZERO NUMBERS FIND B,E.
ANS) B=1 E=9
2) A,B,C,D,E ARE HAVING NUMERICAL VALUES. THERE ARE SOME CONDITIONS
a) A=C <=== B!=E
b) DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A AND C AS SAME AS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN C AND B
AS SAME AS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A AND D
c) C<A AND CD
THEN FIND A,B,C,D,E
3) THERE ARE SIX CARDS IN WHICH IT HAS TWO KING CARDS. ALL CARDS ARE
TURNED DOWN AND TWO CARDS ARE OPENED
a) WHAT IS THE POSSOBILITY TO GET AT LEAST ONE KING.
b) WHAT IS THE POSSIBILITY TO GET TWO KINGS.
4) A PERSON WENT TO A SHOP AND ASKED FOR CHANGE FOR 1.15PAISE.
BUT HE SAID THAT HE COULD NOT ONLY GIVE CHANGE FOR ONE RUPEE.
BUT ALSO FOR 50P,25P,10P AND 5P. WHAT WERE THE COINS HE HAD
ans) 1--50 4---10P 1---25P
5) THERE ARE 3 NURSES AND THEY WORK ALTOGETHER ONLY ONCE IN A WEEK.
NO NURSE IS CALLED TO WORK FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
NURSE 1 IS OFF ON TUESEDAY,THURSDAY AND SUNDAY.
NURSE 2 IS OFF ON SATURDAY.
NURSE 3 IS OFF ON THURSDAY,SUNDAY.
NO TWO NURSES ARE OFF MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK.
FIND THE DAY ON WHICH ALL THE 3 NURSES WERE ON WORK.
6) THERE ARE 5 PERSONS A,B,C,D,E AND EACH IS WEARING A BLOCK OR WHITE
CAP ON HIS HEAD. A PERSON CAN SEE THE CAPS OF THE REMAINING 4 BUT CAN'T
SEE HIS OWN CAP. A PERSON WEARING WHITE SAYS TRUE AND WHO WEARS BLOCK
i) A SAYS I SEE 3 WHITES AND 1 BLOCK
ii) B SAYS I SEE 4 BLOCKS
iii) E SAYS I SEE 4 WHITES
iiii) C SAYS I SEE 3 BLOCKS AND 1 WHITE.
NOW FIND THE CAPS WEARED BY A,B,C,D AND E
7) THERE ARE TWO WOMEN, KAVITHA AND SHAMILI AND TWO MALES SHYAM, ARAVIND
WHO ARE MUSICIANS. OUT OF THESE FOUR ONE IS A PIANIST, ONE FLUTIST,
VIOLINIST AND DRUMMER.
i) ACROSS ARAVIND BEATS PIANIST
ii) ACROSS SHYAM IS NOT A FLUTIST
iii) KAVITHA'S LEFT IS A PIANIST
iiii) SHAMILI'S LEFT IS NOT A DRUMMER
V) FLUTIST AND DRUMMER ARE MARRIED.
8) 1/3 ED OF THE CONTENTS OF A CONTAINER EVAPORATED ON THE 1 ST DAY.
3/4 TH OF THE REMAINING CONTENTS OF THE CONTAINER EVAPORATED THE
SECOND DAY. WHAT PART OF THE CONTENTS OF THE CONTAINER ARE LEFT AT
THE END OF THE SECOND DAY.
9) A MAN COVERED 28 STEPS IN 30 SECONDS BUT HE DECIDED TO MOVE FAST AND
COVERED 34 STEPS IN 18 SECONDS. HOW MANY STEPS ARE THERE ON THE
ESCALATOR WHEN STATIONARY.
10) ALL FAIR SKINNED, RICH, HANDSOME, MUSCULAR, LEAN AND EMPLOYED ARE
1) ALL LEAN MEN ARE MUSCULAR.
2) NO FAIRSKINNED PERSON WHO IS NOT RICH IS HANDSOME.
3) SOME MUSCULAR MEN ARE HANDSOME.
4) ALL HANDSOME ARE FAIRSKINNED.
5) NO PERSON WHO IS NEITHER FAIR SKINNED NOR MUSCULAR IS ENPLYED.
6) we unable to recall this condition and question also incomplete.
1)A,B,C,D,E related.4 of them made these statements each.
i)C is my son in law's brother.
ii)B is my father's brother.
iii)E is my mother in law.
iv)A is my brother's wife.
who made these statements?(person mentioned is one of A,B,C,D,E)(10 marks).
2)e means belong.
All members of E e D.
All members of D e A.
Not all members of D e E.
Not all members of A e D.
All members of C e both A and B.some questions are asked about relatio n.use venn diagram.(5 marks).
3)complete the table.
Played won lost draw goals goals
A 2 2 1
B 2 1 2 4
C 2 3 7
A,B,C are 3 hockey teams.(2 marks).
4) A says Party was held on :Thursday ,May 8th. B says Party was held on :Tuesday,May 10th. C says party was held on :Friday ,June 8th. Given April 1 st was Tuesday.one of A,B,C says 1 correct.one says 1 wrong.and one was completely wrong of date,Month and day. Find the Day the party held. (5marks).
5) A ship is away from the shore by 180 miles.A plane is travelling at 10 times speed of the ship.How long from the shore will they meet? (2marks)
6) Every station in N railroad issue everyother station's ticket. some stations are added.Now they have to issue 46 more tickets. say the No.of stations after and before added.(5 marks).
7) 3 persons say these statements. A says either Democratic or liberal wins the elections. B says Democratic wins.C says neither democratic nor liberal wins the election.of these only one is wrong.who wins the election?
8) A clock showing 6 o'clock takes 30 secs to strike 6 times.How long will it take to strike 12 at midnight?Ans.66 secs.(2marks)
9) Only boys aged 16 wear coats.
Boys aged 15 go to watch football.some more statements are given. What can be said about those who are watching football ? (age and costume)
10) There are 3 societies A,B,C having some tractors each. A Gives B and C as many tractors as they already have. After some days B gives A and C as many tractors as they have. After some days C gives A and B as many tractors as they have. Finally each has 24 tractors.what is the original No.of tractors each had in the beginning?Ans.A -39. B- 21. C- 12.(7 marks).
11) 4,5 statements.From that find the answer.(7 marks).
1)At 6'o clock clock ticks 6 times. The time between first and last ticks was 30sec. How much time it takes at 12'o clock. Ans. 66 sec. 2 marks.
2)Three friends divided some bullets equally. After all of them shot 4 bullets the total no.of remaining bullets is equal to that of one has after division. Find the original number divided.
Ans. x x x
x-4 x-4 x-4
3x-12 = x
ans is 18 2 marks
3)A ship went on a voyage after 180 miles a plane statrted with 10 times speed that of the ship. Find the distance when they meet from starting point.
Ans. 180 + (x/10) = x
x = 20 ans is 180+20=200miles. 2 marks
4) Fill the empty slots. Three FOOTBALL teams are there. Given below the list of maches.
played won lost draw Goals for Goals against
A 2 2 *0 *0 *7 1
B 2 *0 *1 1 2 4
C 2 *0 *1 *1 3 7
the slots with stars are answers. 4 marks
BC drew with 2-2
A won on B by 2-0
a won on C by 5-1
( YOU HAVE TO FILL THE BLANKS AT APPROPRIATE STAR SYMBOLS.)`
5) There are 3 societies a,b,c. a lent tractors to b and c as many as they had. After some time b gave as many tractors to a and c as many as they have. After sometime c did the same thing. At the end of this transaction each one of them had 24. Find the tractors each orginally had. Ans a had 39, b had 21, c had 12,
6) There N stations on a railroad. After adding x stations 46 additional tickets have to be printed. Find N and X.
Ans. let N(N-1) = t;
(N+x)(N+x-1) = t+46;
trail and error method x=2 and N=11 4 marks
7)Given that April 1 is tuesday. a,b,c are 3 persons told that their farewell party was on
a - may 8, thursday
b - may 10,tuesday
c - june 8, friday
Out of a,b,c one is only correct one of the regarding month,day,date. Other told two correct and the third person told all wrong.What is correct date,month,day. (ans may be MAY 10 SUNDAY. check once again)
8)There are 4 parties. df,gs,dl(depositloss),ew ran for a contest. Anup,Sujit,John made the following statements regarding results. Anup said either df or ew will definitely win sujit said he is confident that df will not win
John said he is confident that neither ew nor dl will win the result has come. only one of the above three has made a correct statement. Who has made the correct statement and who has won the contest. (ans DL )
9)Five people a,b,c,d,e are related to each other. Four of them make one true statement each as follows.
i) b is my father's brother. (ans. d said this)
ii)e is my mother-in-law. ( b )
iii)c is my son-in-law's brother. ( e )
iv)a is my brother's wife. ( c )
who said each statement.
10) All members of d are also members of a
All '' e '' d
all '' c '' both a and b
not all '' a are members of d
not all '' d '' e
Some questions on these conditions.(5questions 5 marks)
11) boys are allowed to watch football at c.v.Raman auditorium subjected to conditions.
i)the boy over age 16 can wear overcoat
ii)no boy over age 15 can wear cap
iii)to watch the football either he has to wear overcoat or cap
iv) a boy with an umberella or above 16 or both cannot wear sweater.
v) boys must either not watch football or wear sweater.
What is the appearence of the boy who is watching football. Try to solve this question................
1) be * be = acb
a,b,c,e are non zero numbers find b,e. ans) b=1 e=9
2) a,b,c,d,e are having numerical values. there are some conditions
a) a=c <=== b!=e
b) difference between a and c as same as difference between c and b
as same as difference between a and d
c) c<a and cd
then find a,b,c,d,e
3) there are six cards in which it has two king cards. all cards are
turned down and two cards are opened
a) what is the possobility to get at least one king.
b) what is the possibility to get two kings.
4) a person went to a shop and asked for change for 1.15paise. but he said that he could not only give change for one rupee. but also for 50p,25p,10p and 5p. what were the coins he had
ans) 1--50 4---10p 1---25p
5) there are 3 nurses and they work altogether only once in a week. no nurse is called to work for 3 consecutive days. nurse 1 is off on tueseday,thursday and sunday. nurse 2 is off on saturday.
nurse 3 is off on thursday,sunday. no two nurses are off more than once a week. find the day on which all the 3 nurses were on work.
6) there are 5 persons a,b,c,d,e and each is wearing a block or white cap on his head. a person can see the caps of the remaining 4 but can't see his own cap. a person wearing white says true and who wears block
i) a says i see 3 whites and 1 block
ii) b says i see 4 blocks
iii) e says i see 4 whites
iiii) c says i see 3 blocks and 1 white.
now find the caps weared by a,b,c,d and e
7) there are two women, kavitha and shamili and two males shyam, aravind who are musicians. out of these four one is a pianist, one flutist, violinist and drummer.
i) across aravind beats pianist
ii) across shyam is not a flutist
iii) kavitha's left is a pianist
iiii) shamili's left is not a drummer
v) flutist and drummer are married.
8) 1/3 ed of the contents of a container evaporated on the 1 st day. 3/4 th of the remaining contents of the container evaporated the second day. what part of the contents of the container are left at the end of the second day.
9) a man covered 28 steps in 30 seconds but he decided to move fast and covered 34 steps in 18 seconds. how many steps are there on the escalator when stationary.
10) all fair skinned, rich, handsome, muscular, lean and employed are tall men
1) all lean men are muscular.
2) no fairskinned person who is not rich is handsome.
3) some muscular men are handsome.
4) all handsome are fairskinned.
5) no person who is neither fair skinned nor muscular is enplyed.
6) we unable to recall this condition and question also incomplete.
I. ROHITH CAN CATCH EITHER THE HARBOUR LINE TRAIN OR MAIN LINE TRAIN FROM HIS NEAREST RAILWAY STATION KANDALA TO REACH HIS OFFICE. BOTH THE TRAINS HAVE A FREQUENCY OF 10 min. IN THE MORNING OFFICE HOURS. THE HARBOUR LINE TRAINS ARRIVE EVARY 10min. STARTING FROM AND THE MAIN LINE TRAINS ARRIVE AT EVERY 10min. STARTING FROM 5:02a.m
II. IN A CERTAIN DEPARTMENT STORE THE POSITION OF BUYER,CASHIER,CLERK, FLOORWALKAR, & MANAGER ARE HELD, THOUGH NOT NECESSARILY RESPECTIVELY ,BY M$
THE CASHIER & THE MANAGER WERE ROOMMATES IN COLLEGE. THE BUYER IS BACHELOR,
EVANS & MISS
HAVE ONLY BUSINESS CONTACTS WITH EACH
OTHER MRS CONROY WAS GREATLY
DOSAPPOINTED WHEN HER HUSBAND TOLD HER THAT THE MANAGER HAD REFUGE TO GIVE HIM A RAISE. AMES
IS GOING TO BE THE BEST MAN WHEN THE CLErk & THE CASHIER ARE MAR RIED . WHAT POSITION DOES EACH PERSON HELD.? DAVIS
III. TANVEER AND KUNAL WENT DOWN A DESCENDING ESCALATOR . THE ESCALATOR
WAS GOING DOWN AT A CONTANT SPEED . KUNAL WALKED DOWN THE STEPS AND
HAD TO COVER 50 STEPS TO REACH THE BOTTOM.TANVEER ON THE OTHER HAND , RAN
DOWN THE STEPS OF THE ESCALATOR AND HENCE HAD TO TAKE 75 STEPS TO REACH
THE BOTTOM . ACTUALLY , TANVEER TOOK 3 STEPS IN THE SAME TIME IT TOOK KUNAL
TO TAKE 1 STEP . HOW MANY STEPS WOULD BE visible when the ecalator is stopped and not operating.?
Iv. In A four team foot-ball tournament , all the teams played each other in three rounds of matches are shown in the table -A . some of the results of the tournament are shown in the table _B . Using the clues given below, please fill -in the blank columns in the result table-B (goals for & goals for against ? ).
Note : two points for win , one point for draw & zero points for defeat are awarded .
1. EAST ZONE WON THE TOURNAMENT DESPITE SCORING ONE LESS GOAL THAN THE RUNNERS -UP.
2. NORTH ZONE SCORED AN ODD NUMBER OF GOALS IN THEIR FIRST ROUND GAME
3. SOUTH ZONE , WHO FAILED TO SCORE IN THEIR FINAL MATCH , WERE BEATEN BY A TWO -GOAL MARGIN IN THE FIRST ROUND.
4. EAST ZONE LOST THEIR MATCH AGINST WEST ZONE.
5. ALL FOUR TEAMS SCORED GOALS IN THE SECOND ROUND MATCHES
6. WEST ZONE SCORED THE SAME NUMBER OF GOALS AGAINST EAST ZONE AS NORTH ZONE SCORED AGINST THEM.
7. EAST ZONE SCORED FOUR GOALS IN ROUND TWO MATCH.
Table - A ( MATCHES PLAYED )
Round 1 North zone vs south zone
west zone vs east zone.
round 2 south zone vs west zone
east zone vs north zone
Round 3 south zone vs east zone
west zone vs north zone
Table - B ( RESULTS )
Played won draw lost golas for goals
East Zone 3 - - - ? 3
North zone 3 - - - ? ?
West zone 3 - - - 4 3
South Zone 3 - - - 2 5
V. At the wall clock struck 6 times . Checking with my watch , I noticed that the time between the first & last strokes was 30 seconds. How long will the clock take to stike 12 at mid night (Ans 66
VI. PLESE ANSWER THE Q'S WITH REFERENCE TO THE FACTS GIVEN BELOW ( 8 MARKS )
1 . THE MEMBERS OF A CERTAIN TRIBE ARE DIVIDED INTO THREE CASTES -ABHOR, DRAVID , & MAGAR CASTES
2. AN ABHOR WOMEN CANNOT MARRY A DRAVID MAN
3. A MAGAR MAN CANNOT MARRY A DRAVID WOMEN.
4. A SON TAKES THE CASTE OF HIS FATHER, A DAUGHTER TAKES THE CASTE OF HER MOTHER
5. ALL MARRIAGES EXCEPT THOSE MENTIOND ABOVE ARE PERMITTED
6 . THERE ARE NO CHILDREN BORN OUT OF WED LOCK.
1) AN ABHOR WOMAN MARRIES AND HAS THREE CHILDREN , ALL OF WHOM ARE MEMBER$
I) IF SHE WERE TO BE MARRIED to a magar MAN , THEY HAVE NO MALE$
II) IF SHE WERE TO BE MARRIED TO ABHOR MAN ,THEY MAY HAVE MALE CHI$
III) IF HER FOURTH CHILD IS MALE , HE MAY BE A DRAVID,.
A) I ONLY B) III ONLY C) I & II ONLY D) II & III ONLY E) I , II & III
2) IT CAN BE INFERRED FROM THE CONDITION DESCRIBED THAT A MAGAR MAN
I) CANNOT HAVE A DRAVID GRAND MOTHER
II) CANNOT HAVE A DRAVID MOTHER
III ) MAY HAVE A ABHOR MOTHER
A) I ONLY B) II ONLY C) I & II ONLY D) II & III ONLY E) I , II & III
3) WHEN TWO DRAVIDS ARE MARRIED , IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO HAVE
I) ANY FEMALE ABHOR DESCENDENTS
II ) AN ABHOR GREAT_ GRAND DAUGHTER \
III) AN ABHOR GRAND DAUGHTER
A)I ONLY B) III ONLY C) I & II ONLY D) II & III ONLY E) I , II & III
4) AN ABHOR WOMAN
A)CAN HAVE A DRAVID GRANDSON
B) CANNOT HAVE A MAGAR SON
C) CANNOT HAVE A MAGAR GRAND SON
D) CAN HAVE A MAGAR DAUGHTER -IN - LAW
E) CANNOT HAVE A DRAVID GRAND DAUGHTER
VII. IN CERTAIN COMMUNITY THERE ARE THOUSAND MARRIED COUPLES . TWO THIRDS OF THE HUSBANDS WHO ARE TALLER THAN THEIR WIVES ARE ALSO HEAVIER AND THREE QUARTERS OF THE HUSBANDS WHO ARE HEAVIER THAN THEIR WIVES ARE ALSO TALLER . IF THERE ARE 120 WIVES WHO ARE TALLER AND HEAVIER THAN THEIR HUSBANDS, HOW MANY HUSBANDS ARE TALLER AND HEAVIER THAN THEIR WIVES ?
VIII. BOTH THE GUPTHAS AND SINHAS HAVE TWO YOUNG SONS WHOSE AGES ARE ANDER ELEVEN. THE NAMES OF THE BOYS, WHOSE AGES ROUNDEDOFF TO THE NEAREST YEAR ARE ALL DIFFERENT, ARE RAJESH, PRAVEEN,LALITH AND PRATHAP. TAKING THE AGES OF THE AGES OF THE BOYS ONLY TO THE NEAREST YEAR, THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ARE TRUE.
RAJESH IS THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN HIS BROTHER IS. PRAVEEN IS THE OLDEST.
PRATHAP IS 5YRS OLDER THAN THE YOUNGER SINHAS BOY. LALITH IS HALF AS OLD AS ONE OF THE GUPTHA BOYS. THE TOTAL AGES OF THE BOYS IN EACH FAMILY DIFFER BY THE
FIVE YEARS AGO. --- 7 MARKS. MOUNT
IX. A LONG DIVISION SUM ---- 7 MARKS
in the complete solution there are four 5's.
Find the missing digits.
X. FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE OPERATED BY ASIAN AIRLINES BETWEEN THE TWO ARE LOCATED IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES WITH DIFFERENT TIME ZONES. AS IS IS NORMALLY DONE, THE TIME SHOWN IS THE LOCAL TIME- VIZ IST TST. REGULAR FLIGHT PERSONICFLIG
TST TST ALEXANDRIA
DEPART " " TST TST
? IST RAMPUR
THE ARRIVAL TIME OF SUPERSONIC FLIGHT INTO RAMPUR FROM ALEXANDR$ ARRIVAL TIME OF THE SUPER SONIC FLIGHT ASSUMING EACH SERVICE- REGULAR AND SUPERSONIC MAINTAINS ITS OWN CONSTANT SPEED OF FLIG$
1) There are two balls touching each other circumferencically.The radius of the big ball is 4 times the diameter of the small ball.The outer small ball rotates in anticlockwise direction circumferencically over the bigger one at the rate of 16 rev/sec. The bigger wheel also rotates anticlockwise at Nrev/sec. what is 'N' for the horizontal line from the centre of small wheel always is horizontal.
2) 1 2 3 4
+ 3 4 5 5
4 6 8 9
- 2 3 4 5
2 3 4 4
+ 1 2 5 4
3 6 9 8
Q) Strike off any digit from each number in seven rows (need not be at same place) and combine the same operations with 3 digit numbers to get the same addition. After this strike off another digit from all and add all the No.s to get the same 2 digit No. perform the same process again with 1 digit No.s. Give the ' no.s in 7 rows at each stage.
3) there is a safe with a 5 digit No. The 4th digit is 4 greater than second digit, while 3rd digit is 3 less than 2nd digit. The 1st digit is thrice the last digit. There are 3 pairs whose sum is 11. Find the number. Ans) 65292.
4) there are 2 guards Bal and Pal walking on the side of a wall of a wearhouse(12m X 11m) in opposite directions. They meet at a point and Bal says to Pal " See you again in the other side". After a few moments
of walking Bal decides to go back for a smoke but he changes his direction again to his previous one after 10 minutes of walking in the other(opposite) direction remembering that Pal will be waiting for to meet.If Bal and Pal walk 8 and 11 feet respectively, how much distance they would have travelled before meeting again.
Q) Find the 5 digit No. Hint: 5 is used atleast once in the calculation.
6) Afly is there 1 feet below the ceiling right across a wall length is 30m at equal distance from both the ends. There is a spider 1 feet above floor right across the long wall eqidistant from both the ends. If the width of the room is 12m & 12m, what distance is to be travelled by the spider to catch the fly? if it takes the shortest path.
7) Ramesh sit around a round table with some other men. He has one rupee more than his right person and this person in turn has 1 rupee more than the person to his right and so on, Ramesh decided to give 1 rupee to his right & he in turn 2 rupees to his right and 3 rupees to his right & so on. This process went on till a person has
'no money' to give to his right. At this time he has 4 times the money to his right person. How many men are there along with Ramesh and what is the money with poorest fellow.
8)Question related to probabilities of removing the red ball from a basket,given that two balls are removed from the basket and the other ball is red. The basket contains blue,red,yellow balls.
9)Venkat has 1boy&2daughters.The product of these children age is 72. The sum of their ages give the door numberof Venkat.Boy is elder of three.Can you tell the ages of all the three.
1)L:says all of my other 4 friends have money M:says that P said that exact one has money N:says that L said that precisely two have money O:says that M said that 3 of others have money. P:Land N said that they have money. all are liers.Who has money&who doesn't have?
2)A hotel has two,the east wing and the west wing.some east wing rooms but not all have an ocean view(OV).All WW have a harbour view(HV).The charge for all rooms is identical, except as follows
* Extra charge for all HV rooms on or above the 3rd floor
* Extra charge for all OV rooms except those without balcony
* Extra charge for some HV rooms on the first two floor&some EW rooms
without OV but having kitchen facilities. (GRE modrl Test 3-question 1J-22)
3)Post man has a data of name surname door no.pet name of 4 families. But only one is correct for each family.There are a set of statements &questions.
4)4 couples have a party.Depending on the set of statements,find who insulted whom and who is the host of the party.
5)5 women given some of their heights(tall,medium,short)Hair( long, plainted),stards(Black or Brown), sari,2 medium,2-short.Tall-no sari.Plainted-medium.Answer the combinations.
1) A person has to go both Northwards&Southwards in search of a job. He decides to go by the first train he encounters.There are trains for every 15 min both southwards and northwards.First train towards south is at 6:00 A.M. and that towards North is at 6:10 .If the person arrives at any random time,what is the probability that he gets into a train towards North.
2) A person has his own coach&whenever he goes to railway station he takes his coach.One day he was supposed to reach the railway station at 5 O'clock.But he finished his work early and reached at .
Then he rung up his residence and asked to send the coach immediately. He came to know that the coach has left just now to tje railway station. He thought that the coach has left just now to the railway station.He thought that he should not waste his time and started moving towards his residence at the speed of 3mi/hr.On the way,he gets the coach and reaches home at 6 o'clock.How far is his residence from railway station.
3)Radha,Geeta&Revathi went for a picnic.After a few days they forgot the date,day and month on which they went to picnic.Radha said that it was onThursday,May 8 and Geeta said that it was Thursday May 10.Revathi
said Friday Jun 8.Now one of them told all things wrongly,others one thing wrong and the last two things wrongly.If April 1st is Tuesday what is the right day,date and month?
1)Least no. when divide by [7 gives remainder 6,6gives 5,5 gives 4 and
2)What compilation do (ans source code to obj)
3)Artficial language is provided which of the language (Lisp) check
4)241 change its equivalent octal ?
5)for cube and sphere 3 views are similarly draw one such figure?
6)Write a program to exchange two variaables without temp
7)Fortran cannot have value by reference
9)success is to failure, joy is to
10)MEANING OF JOLLY?
11)opposite to essential?
13)To be good "Wrestler " one should have?
16)Two proverbs are goven
17)Sum of two consecutive nos is 55, larger one is?
18)A person goes 4/5 of his usual speed reaches 10min lateto his
destinaton, time taken?
19)80% pass in english, 70%pass in maths , 10%fail in both , 144 pass in both . How many all appeared to the test?
20)To get a parabola if you cut a section of?
21)Bird is flying 120km/hr b/w B to R. two trians at B to R at 60 kmph
The distance trvelled by the bird before it is killed.Ans.120
22)meaning of inert
(1) 9 cards are there. u have to arrange them in a 3*3 matrix. cards are of 4 colors.they are red, yellow, blue, green. conditions for arrangement: one red card must be in first row or second row.2 green cards should be in 3rd column.Yellow cards must be in the 3 corners only. Two blue cards must be in the 2nd row. Atleast one green card in each row. Solution:
Yello Red Gren
Blu Blu Gren
Yello Gren Yello
2. 4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don't know the color of the back side of eachcard.4 persons A B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green Red and blue .Out of the 4 poeple 2 always lie. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following
B: Neither Blue/nor Green
D: Blue/ Yello
find out the color on the other side of the 4 cards.
3.Red and brown tribes [FROM BARRONS GRE] Conditions to get married with each other.
4. Venn diagram regarding Rich, muscular, soft-skinned, employed, etc.,( Refer BARRONS GRE GUIDE)
1. SAKUNTALA DEVI'S PUZZLE BOOK : PUZZLES TO PUZZLE YOU. problem no: 3. ( Brothers and Sisters) A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there? ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
2. No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were the no. of animals and no. of animals
were the no. of birds( ie., interchanging no.s of animals and birds.), the total no. of legs get reduced by one fifth
(1/5). How many no. of birds and animals were there? ans: birds:11,animals:22
3. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured? ans: 22 + 2+ 1 = 25.
4. 2 * * |
3 * * | No. 7 does not occur in this
5 * * | multiplication.
* 4 * |
* * 3 | Find the product.
* * * * * |
ans 2 8 1
3 2 2
5 6 2
5 6 2 0
8 4 3 0 0
9 0 4 8 2
5. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second. 4 th digit is 4 more than the second one. Find the digit. ans : 25296.
6. There are five thieves, each loot a bakery one after the other such that the first one takes 1/2 of the total no.
of the breads plus 1/2 of a bread. Similarly 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5fth also did the same. After the fifth one no. of
breads remained are 3. Initially how many breads were there? ans : 31.
7.ESCALATOR PROBLEM OF SAKUNTALA DEVI 'PUZZLES TO PUZZLE'book. Problem No: Problem 27( Down the escalator) ans : the no of steps in the stair way : 46.
8.Harbour line and
line Problem of Sakuntala Devi Puzzle
book. Ans : 4/5. ( More Puzzles book)
9.There are some chicken in a poultry. They are fed with corn One sack of corn will come for 9 days.The farmer decides to sell some chicken and wanted to hold 12 chicken with him. He cuts the feed by 10% and sack of corn comes for 30 days. So initially how many chicken are there?
10.Two people X & Y walk on the wall of a godown in opposite direction. They meet at a point on one side and then go ahead. X after walking for some time, walks in opposite direction for 15 mtrs.Then again he turns back and walks in the original direction. What distance did Y walk before they met again, if X walks 11 mtrs by the time Y walks 8 mtrs.
11.Problem from SAKUNTALA DEVI 'PUZZLES TO PUZZLE U'. Problem no: 23( Walking back to happiness.) The walking time : 55 mins.