Below is the Infosys solved campus placement papers. This free question bank helps you in clearing Infosys written test as well as interview. In this section we will see Infosys Aptitude questions, Infosys technical questions, Infosys verbal question, Infosys HR interview questions. You can easily clear interview as well as written test of Infosys by solving this previous year campus paper. Fresher's interview question and latest campus placement paper is available as well as solutions are available.
Chapter – 3 Tests – 1
- Tom, Isaac, Arnold and Freddy have $ 80 if Tom’s share increases by $ 3, Isaac’s share increases by one-third of his share, Arnold’s share decreases by 20% and Freddy’s share decreases by $ 4, all of them would have equal amounts of money. Freddy’s original share is
- At what rate were the bananas sold per dozen, if by bargaining to get one banana per rupee more, I saved Re 1 per dozen?
- A man earns Rs. 1500 by investing in 15% debenture of face value of Rs.100 and market value of Rs.104. If the brokerage is 1%, his investment is (Brokerage is calculated on market value.)
- A man owns a horse, a cow and a sheep. He also owns a pasture. If the horse and the cow can eat the grass of the posture in 40days, the horse and the sheep can eat in 60 days, and the cow and the sheep can eat in 90 days, then how long will all of them together take to eat all the grass?
- Mr. kamal Dutta invests Rs.1546 in a bank at a certain rate of CI per annum. At the end of 8 years, he finds that his money has doubled. What approximately is the rate of interest the bank paid him?
- A trader give a 5% discount on his marked price but he realized that instead of marking his article at 10% profit, he has marked it 10% below his marked price. What is his net loss?
- can’t be determined
- A merchant claims a loss of 4% on coffee, but uses weight equal to 840 g instead of one kg. The merchant actually makes a
- Rekha invested Rs.5210.25 with the village money lender. He promised her to give a compounded rate of interest of 20% if she kept the money with him for more than two years. How much money will Rekha receive now at the end of 4 years?
- Rs. 9378.45
- None of these
- Mr. Richi Rich promised to pay Mr. Garibji Rs.8400 and a certain amount as bonus for working with him for two years. Mr. Garibji quit the job after working with Mr. Richie Rich for 16 months and received Rs 4500 plus the entire bonus amount as compensation. How much bonus did Mr. Garibji receive?
- A sum of Rs.6500 is invested, one part at 7% per annum and other part at 10% per annum on simple interest. If the interest received on both is Rs.575 at the end of one year, find the ratio in which the money has been invested.
- A certain sum is invested at a certain rate of simple interest for 2 years. Had the interest rate been 2% points more, the interest would have been Rs. 24 more. Find the sum
- P, Q and R are partners sharing profits in the ratio of 5:6:7. If D is to be admitted into the partnership and is to get one-fifth of the profit, what should the share of P be if the relative shares of the old partners remain unchanged?
- By what % should a trader increase the cost price of one meter cloth so as to get a profit 20% after allowing discount of 10%
- none of these
- A trader buys a certain number of apples for Rs.40. He found that 30% of the apples were rotten. What % of the cost of each apple should he sell to earn overall profit of 5%
- none of these
- If P=K3/N2, by what % will P change if K and N are increased by 20% each?
- no change
- increase by 12%
- increase by 20%
- decrease by 20%
- A trader increases the price of acycle by x% and then decreases it by x%. He now decreases this price by x% and then increases by x%. If the final selling price is Rs. 2450.25, what was initial price?
- Can’t be determined
- A is the active partner and B is the sleeping partner in a business. A will take 25/3% of total profit for maintaining the business and the remaining will be shared in the ratio of their investment. The investment of A and B are Rs.4000 and Rs. 5000 respectively and they got a profit of Rs.1080. what are the respective shares of A and B? (in Rs.)
- A shopkeeper sold 120kg of goods in the following manner. He sold 1/4th of his goods at 10% profit, 1/4th of his goods at 10% loss, 1/12th of his goods at 20% profit and 5/12th of his goods at 40% profit. He sold all goods at 20% profit on the overall he would have realized Rs.15 more. Find the cost price per kg of the goods?
- A washing machine was purchased under installment system cash down payment is Rs. 3000 and three equal annual under simple interest find the price of washing machine and the total interest charged under installment plan?
- Rs.6500, 400
- Rs.6600, 330
- Rs.6300, 600
- Rs.6000, 900
- In accordance with the provisions of the new budget, a man pays tax at the rate of 5% and 10% as special surcharge on the amount of income tax levied. He altogether pays a tax of Rs. 1000. Find the gross pay of the man (standard deduction allowed is 20%)
- Aman, Balu and Chetan have some marbles with each of them. If the sum of the number of marbles with Aman and Balu together is 40% less than that with Balu and Chetan together, which in turn, is one-sixth less than that with Chetan and Aman together, then which of the following statements is/are false?
i. Chetan had at least 57% of total no. of marbles with all of them.
ii. Aman had 501% less marbles than Balu
iii. Chetan had 100% more marbles than Aman.
a. Only I
b. Only II
c. Only II and III
d. Only I and III
22. A 20% hike in bus fare resulted in the 10% fall in the passenger traffic. Still the daily collection at the bus depot increased by Rs.150. The daily collection at the depot after the fare hike is
23. A dishonest seller uses a weight of 800 g in pace of 1kg and add 20% impurities in sugar. What would be his profit % if he claims to be selling at cost price?
d. none of these
24. A foreign tourist bought a cycle for Rs.200 with a travelers Cheque for Rs.300. The cycle dealer got a big shop next door to encash the Cheque for him, and the foreigner having received Rs.100 rode off, never to be seen again. Later the Cheque was found to be forged and hence worthless. Thus, the cycle dealer had to pay the big shop the amount of the cycle. The dealer had himself paid Rs. 100 for the cycle. How much did he lose in all?
b. Rs. 800
c. Rs. 200
d. Rs. 300
25. A shopkeeper bought some pencils at 2 for Re 1 and an equal number at 3 for Re 2. He sold the entire lot at 5 for Re. 3. Find out his gain or loss %.
a. 20/7% loss
b. 27/7% loss
c. 20/7% gain
d. 27/7% gain
26. A, B and C invest in a business. A invest Rs.30000 per month from January to April and invest Rs.10000 per month from May till December (including December). B invests Rs.20000 per month from February to June (i.e. including June). C invests Rs.9000 per month from Jan to April and invests Rs.8000 per month from May to December. If at the end of the year, the profits were Rs.300000 and it was decided that profits would be shared in the ratio of the share capitals, what will be A’s share of the profit?
27. Detergent Giant Henko has made an offer – “buy three detergent bars and get one free”. Looking at this its competitor “Hindustan Lever” also made and offers – “buy 8 detergent bars and get 3 free”. By how many % points is Hindustan Lever’s discount is more than Henko’s discount?
28. Ram owes Shyam Rs.10. Shyam owes Ghanshyam Rs. 15 and Ghanshyam owes Ram Rs 8. Which of these transactions would settle all the dues?
a. Ram gives Rs.2 to Shyam and Rs.5 to Ghanshyam
b. Shyam gives Rs.2 to Ram and Rs.7 to Ghanshyam
c. Ram gives Rs.2 to Shyam and Shyam pays Rs.7 to Ghanshyam
d. none of these
29. A co-operative society gives interest free loans to its members. A member has taken a loan of Rs. 600. She starts repaying 3.5% of the total loan at the end of every quarter. With the quarterly payment made today, if Rs231 is repaid so far how many months ago did she take the loan?
30. A manufacturer of a certain item can sell all he can produce at the selling price of Rs 60 each. It cost him Rs. 40 in materials and labour to produce each item and he has overhead expenses of Rs. 3000 per week in order to operate that plant. The number of units he should produce and sell in order to make a profit of atleast Rs.1000 per week is:
31. Laxmi appeared for five papers, each of which carried a maximum of 100 marks the minimum marks required for passing was 30 marks in each paper. Laxmi came to know the total marks she had got in five papers, but not the break-up and she at once told her parents that, “I have passed. That is 100% certain”. What is the minimum mark that Laxmi should have got? Given that Laxmi never makes mistakes in such analytical matters.
32. A trader marked the prices of four items as equal to the CP of six items. The trader gives the discount of 10% on the marked price. What is his net profit %?
33. Manas goes to market to buy mangoes for his girl friend. He wanted to buy a dozen, but realized that he had money for only 10.5 mangoes. So he bought 10 instead and bought a red rose which cost him Rs 3, i.e. the rest of the money. How much money did Manas carry with him (in Rs)?
d. none of these
34. Since prices of mangoes decreased by 25% I can purchase 4 mangoes more for Rs 60. What is the original price of one mango?
35. The company policy states that for a short term loan on simple interest for 2 years, the rate of interest is 20%. A new recruit did not know it and he negotiated with a tough customer for a 18% loan. What is the % of reduction in the earnings?
36. A certain strain of epidemic bacteria made its appearance in Swarga Lok sending all the medical in to a frenzy. It reproduces itself at the rate of 10% every five min. in how much time will the number double itself?
37. Inspite of giving a discount of 10%, a shopkeeper manages to make a profit of 8%. By what % does the shopkeeper mark up his goods?
38. Rohan has a habit of buying and selling things. He purchased a single bed room flat in a good residential locality and waited for the prices to rise. He sold it for a profit % which is equal to 1/400th of the price (in rupees) at which he purchased the flat. If he had received Rs.43824 in the transaction, at what price did he purchase the flat?
d. none of these
39. The population of a strain of bacteria X increases at the rate of 20% every 10 min. in how much time will it double itself?
40. The price of a product of a company increases by 20% and the turnover increases by 12%. What is the % change in the quantity sold?
41. Three friends Makrand, Gaurav and Siddhartha decided to enter into a partnership with amounts of Rs 24000, Rs 36000 and Rs.48000 respectively. Gaurav is the working partner and receives 100/7% for managing the business. The rest of the profit is shared by the partners in the ratio of their capitals. If the total earnings of Gaurav at the end of the year is Rs 90000 what is the total profit.
42. Mr. Moron calculates his profit % as a % of selling price. He sells an item for Rs 150 and calculates his profit % to be 20%. What is the true profit %?
43. Ketan Parekh purchased 5% shares of Centasoft at Rs 92 for a total sum of Rs 46000. he then sold Rs 25000 worth of the stock when the stock was quoted at Rs95, another 200 shares when the price of the stock had fallen down to 90 and the remaining shares he sold at no gain, no loss. What is the overall profit or loss, if it is known that he retained the shares for one dividend date before selling any of them?
d. data inadequate
44. Santosh sells 10 toffees for a rupee, gains 20%. How many did he buy for a rupee?
45. In an examination, a student must get 60% marks to pass. If a student, who gets 120 marks, fails by 60 marks, finds the maximum marks.
46. In an examination, 42% students failed in Mathematics and 52% failed in Science. If 17% failed in both the subjects, find the % of those who passed in both the subjects.
47. An army lost 10% its men in war, 10% of the remaining due to diseases and 10% of the rest were disabled. Thus, the strength was reduced to 729000 active men. Find the original strength?
a. 10 lacs
b. 12 lacs
c. 15 lacs
d. none of these
48. An article costs Rs. 950 and is sold at a profit of 10%. Another article of the same type is sold for the same price but at a loss of 5%. What is the sum of the cost prices of both the articles?
49. A, B and C enter in to a partnership with shares in the ratio 7/2:4/3:6/5. After 4 months, A increases his share by 50%. If total profit at the end of one year be Rs 21600, then B’s share in the profit is
50. A man sells an article at a profit of 5%, if he had bought it at 5% less and sold it for Rs. 1 less, he would have gained 10%. The cost price of the article is